Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Big Question..."How?"


I think Wifey stated it best when she asked the question, "How do I keep from going insane?" That is the question of the hour, how INDEED do I keep from going insane? I have three things that keep me from going off the deep end: Wifey, My music, and a Combination of the two.

Wifey: she is almost always there for me when I need her. I know the only real comfort she can give is in the form of words on a computer screen or threw a telephone receiver, but DAMMIT, that helps. She always knows just what to say, when to say it, and how to say it. I know that the arms she is hugging me with are nothing but megabytes...but DAMMIT, so what. Every little thing helps.


My music: the right song for the right mood. Pissed off at the world? How about a little Eminem or Marilyn Manson. Not sure how to express your over abundance of happiness? Try a little Southern Gospel or John Mayer. In a weird, unexplainable mood? Lord knows that calls for some Blood Hound Gang or maybe even The B-52's. Overwhelmed by a love-lorn heart? Jason Mraz or Charlotte Church definitely have the answer. There is always something out on the music scene to express whatever you are feeling. Not finding the right song to go with what you feel? Try the age-old art of creating your own!


Combination of the two: I have very good combination of the Wifey and My music. On my last forced vacation over to this waterless beach the Wifey gave me copies of a few of her CD's that are nothing but pure musical versions of quite a few old and new love songs. There are no words to any of them, but just listening to them, especially right before I go to bed, helps relax me so much. I can feel every beat of her heart in every single note that plays.


So if you are not married, if you for some reason don't have access to music, the true way to keep your sanity is to just find someone to latch on to to help you threw. Find your outlet, be it music, painting, drawing, sports, watching movies, find SOMETHING to take your mind off of things. Grab SOMETHING to keep a firm grasp on your sanity.

No comments: