Monday, July 21, 2008

The Hurtiest Hurt

Tonight I have experienced a pain like no other. The pain of watching someone you love cry and knowing that you are absolutely powerless to stop the pain. My dear wife is completely broken hearted over a current loss...I'm not sure I am supposed to divulge any of the specific information, but suffice it to say it was a devastating blow.

I sat on the other end of this damned keyboard and watched every word representing tears fall out her finger tips. The only thing I could do was sit here and watch and offer empty "hugs" and "i understand's".

A love life, especially that of one involving a developing marriage, is extremely hard at 10,000 times my arms-length. I hate these moments, but I know with every good, there must be some bad, and with every bad comes some extremely crappy.

I know we will eventually get through this, but until said time comes...life sucks. How do I replace a broken heart at 10,000 miles away?

No comments: